- Area Maintenance Contractors Council
The ORBA Area Maintenance Contractors Council represents members who bid or perform highway maintenance in Ontario under long-term performance contracts. The Council meets several times per year in direct consultation with the Ministry of Transportation on all matters related to contract provisions and administration, performance of the contract and equitable balance of risk between contractor and owner.
The Mandate of the Council is:
• To work jointly with the Ministry of Transportation on the administration and
performance of area maintenance contracts and managed outsourcing including, but
not limited to, contracts, specifications, contractor payment, standards and regulation.
• To identify and manage regulatory or other issues that will have a specific and distinct
impact on maintenance contractors and which are not being managed by another
• To support technology development that will improve efficiency and/or productivity
in performing maintenance work.
• To support technology development that will reduce the environmental impacts of
road maintenance work.
Paul Quinless, Carillion Canada Inc.
Mike Grogan, Transfield Services (Canada) Limited
Jim Hurst , Steed & Evans Limited
Geoff Leach, Miller Paving Ltd.
Jerry Leveque, J. & P. Leveque Bros. Haulage
Bill McLatchie, Cruickshank Construction Ltd.
Brian Riddell, Miller Paving Ltd.
Geoff Wilkinson, ORBA